This Blog

This blog is where I will let off some steam, some days are harder than others and it is good to let it out ..

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Restorative Justice



They say restorative justice works wonder's it help's those who have been effected by a crime ask the criminal why they done it, and basically they get the opportunity to show the criminal exactly how they have effected there life. The criminal also gets 'shocked' into seeing how their actions have caused more than just a death (Etc)

So what about us who never got Justice, Us who should have been given the opportunity to be proud of the justice system and were denied that right? We don't get to use this 'Restorative Justice' .. we don't get Justice and we do not get to show the Criminal what they done - Because the Court/Jury Acquitted them, the people who really have no clue as to how it effects the innocent got to Acquit the Criminal and to carry on with their business while us the Innocent got more than we ever expected, We got to Loss a family member, we may have got to watch other family members in pain, we got to arrange a funeral, we got to sit with our thoughts, and we got to watch a criminal smile while walking the path to freedom. (etc)

So seriously, we get to sit and wonder each day if the person thinks about what they done, what they caused. We get to know they are out their living their life while we are living a life we would not have been living if it were not for their careless actions. AND we do not even get access to Restorative Justice .. Which to me would be a rather grand happening - I would love to sit across from the man who killed my mother and ask him Why .... But I am not even sure I am allowed to contact him - and even if I were would he be able to say I was hassling him, get to call the police and possibly take me up on charges for asking him Why he done it - Well we never know these days - Possibly. I would love to do it in a legal setting but I guess us innocent families who get the rough side of the stick do not get any Pro's. We all but get to sit and wonder what we ever done to deserve this ...

So I put the question out to you - What Justice? Is there any? I have yet to see it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment