This Blog

This blog is where I will let off some steam, some days are harder than others and it is good to let it out ..

Thursday 2 June 2011

Quest for Justice

Reading BBC News and I came across a piece on Ameneh Bahrami's fight for Justice, she is the victim of a vicious Acid attack that took place in Iran. As she had been blinded the Iranian courts ordered that her attacker blinded yet the punishment has not taken place yet. Piece Here

Human rights organisations have decided to raise their ugly heads and deem it as Inhuman and cruel, was it not inhuman and cruel when Majeed Movahidi threw acid in Ameneh Bahrami's face?

I really dislike Human rights organisation's as they always fight for the right of those who are in the wrong, you never hear them shouting from the roof tops about those who have been withheld justice when they were infact due it.

I do hope Ameneh Bahrami gets her Justice, as, as she says "If I forgive, I get nothing for forgiveness," - "The same if I take his eyesight, I get nothing. But I want people like Majeed to know that there is punishment." which I can fully agree with. Ameneh would send out such a message if his punishment is carried out, she may in fact be someone who contributes to these vicious acid attacks coming to a hault.

We could all learn something from Ameneh, when faced with such difficulties and change in her life, she is still such a strong person and knows what she wants. Understanding that these attacks will carry on if a clear message is not sent out to these future acid attackers.

If only we could do half of what Ameneh is suggesting and actually lock wrong doers behind bar's, rather than shying away from it - if we locked up even half the wrong doers it would be an improvement on current statistics.

Good Luck Ameneh, I hope you find peace one day with what has been inflicted upon you x

No comments:

Post a Comment